Lovely Weddings' Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
As we move through this life, this "parenthesis in eternity,"
"Our Prayers are fulfilled through rising to the challenge we are experiencing such that our faith is kindled from a spark of inchoate desire to a mighty flame of faith through our inner transformation and we become the answer we have been seeking"
~ Dana Allen
The first and foremost rule is "love is the answer."
- The Joys and the Challenges -- The Divine Path is the Path of the Heart
Not so long ago, it might have been impossible in some countries to marry someone of a different faith or a different caste, or a different appearance. But today, people are increasingly understanding that there is only race and that is the Human Race and there is only one truth faith and that is the faith that yields love and compassion, respect and joy. New Thought ministers are deeply aware of the various spiritual paths upon the earth and that each person is on a unique spiritual journey. We are taught to find the commonalities and celebrate the universal which is the heart of all faiths and the key to a successful interfaith marriage.
- Family Confusion or Resistance -- Caring Ministers aware of the univeral keys can raise consciousness
Daddy may be shocked when his little girl is marrying someone not from the same church or faith. But he might be more shocked if you wanted to marry your cousin. This is the first key to helping him to understand that you are embarking on a positive path of joyful journey. The next most important thing is to let your parents know about the commonalities between your faith and your future spouses faith. We are are trained to understand the universal spiritual principles underlying all faiths.
- Creating the Ceremony that Celebrates YOUR Love -- You are unique and YOUR ceremony should reflect this
Where should you have your wedding? On the beach, in the mountains, under a canopy, in a spiritual center or in your backyard are only a few examples of locations. Some people even get married in a hot air balloon.
- What should you wear? Tuxedo or gown, a smile or a frown, pajamas or your birthday suit. It's up to you!
- What ceremony would you like? Writing your vows or something from an old book? Tradition vows can be a great joy for your parents, if they will suite both sides of your interfaith marriage. The important thing for us is YOUR happiness and that YOUR marriage will be a bond of celebration and liberation.
- Our ministers have worked with couples to insure that the ceremonies are unique celebrations of joy!
- Loving Acceptance, Rev. Linda Kajiwara supports your choices-- We Celebrate Diversity
Marriage is increasingly being celebrated throughout the world by people of the same gender. We do not discriminate against any partnership. In Mexico, same sex marriage in Mexico City is now required to be recognized legally in all states of the country. In the United States, same sex marriage is legal in at least four states: Connecticut, Iowa, Massacussetts and Vermont. Our ministers celebrate the truth of love and the divine within all beings. New Thought Ministers are uniquely qualified to support your right to choose and decision to enter into the bonds of matrimony with the partner of your choice. The Divine Being is found within and we know that.
- Blessings for YOUR health